HP Deskjet 1010 Setup and Installation
A standard, low-priced printer from HP, the Deskjet 1010 is compact and delivers amazing quality photo and document output to its users. With a simple approach, this uni-function printer focuses on producing good print quality at an affordable price range. The HP Deskjet 1010 setup and installation process is simple and uncomplicated. The printer is designed to cater to the home market that has a great demand for single-function printers. Where most companies have even stopped production of such inkjet printers, HP still sees a potential in this sector.
You can even configure the printer to run from the laptop. To get the HP Deskjet 1010 setup working for your laptop follow the unboxing process as under:
- Unpack the printer from its box and open the output tray and cartridge access door
- Remove all packing materials if any from all these areas
- Close the cartridge access door and connect the printer with the power cord and adapter
- Switch on the printer and install the cartridges – push the cartridges into the respective slots till they snap into place
- Load the paper – slide the paper width guides to their outermost position
- To align the cartridges, click on the printer name available in the Programs tab (in Windows)
- Under the Device Services tab, click on Maintain Your Printer
- Click on Align Ink Cartridges and then to complete click on Done
The printer is made of strong white plastic with black accents (also in plastic) and occupies minimal space even on a crammed desk. With all compartments closed the printer measures 17.99 inches in length x 8 inches in width and 5 inches in depth and weighs just about 4.4 pounds. The HP Deskjet 1010 Setup just takes a few minutes to complete.